While our Pirate Putt Putt for Polio is a local family event, full of merriment, the reality of polio is serious for all humanity.
Rotary International has been a champion in the fight against polio since 1988. Worldwide polio eradication is their number one initiative.
Key Messages from the World Health Organization.
- Today, 1.8 billion people across 11 countries are polio-free thanks to unprecedented commitment from governments, exceptional program quality, and the dedication of millions of community health workers and volunteers.
- Ending polio in these countries—some of which have been polio-free for more than 15 years—forged strong systems that are now being used to advance other health priorities.
Recent News Stories
- Rotary “This Close – South-East Asia” Video
- “India Beats the Odds, Beats Polio” CNN story
- Forbes, “The Secret to Polio Eradication in India”
- WHO SEAR Polio-Free Certification Website
Can we count on your help? To donate sponsorship dollars or to volunteer your time on the day of the event, call 630-803-6818 or email Stankeeler@gmail.com. Or, take charge. This fall, you will find the 2015 Sponsorship Form on the right hand side of this page. Click, print, complete and submit. It’s that easy to join the fight.